The Health Lottery is committed to ensuring your privacy and security of the data that you provide to us.
We consider the following to be personal information:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your debit card or bank account information
- Your email address
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number
Collecting your information
The information we gather is held on servers hosted in the UK. We collect and process information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that all participants in The Health Lottery are over 16
- To establish and to administer your online Health Lottery account, including the fulfilment of the financial transactions that you may instruct us to make
- To carry out checks to ensure that the debit cards we accept are being used by the authorised account holder
- To provide you with information about The Health Lottery
- To promote The Health Lottery and related activities
- To monitor your entries into The Health Lottery and to pay out prizes when you win
If you do not wish to be contacted for promotional or marketing purposes sent on behalf of carefully selected 3rd parties by email and or to your mobile phone check the box when signing up or once signed into your account go to the “My Details” page to opt out https://www.healthlottery.co.uk/my-account/personal-details
Marketing and Promotions
By signing up at healthlottery.co.uk you agree that we can contact you with messages relating to The Health Lottery via email and other electronic mediums. Each email will contain a link to instantly unsubscribe from any future promotional mailings. Your details will never be sold to any 3rd party and all emails will be clearly marked as being sent by The Health Lottery. Please note that it is necessary that players receive customer service emails from The Health Lottery relating to your account and the game.
Accuracy and security
We are keen to ensure that all of the data we hold about you is accurate. If you believe that the information we hold about you may be inaccurate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Health Lottery Helpline on 0844 375 5555.
We will disclose your data:
- As required by law
- To our associated or subsidiary companies, our business partners, successors in title to our business or suppliers appointed to process information on our behalf
- Where the disclosure is required in order to prevent or combat fraud
If you call the Health Lottery Helpline, your call may be recorded. We use these recordings for training and quality management purposes. Recordings can also help us to resolve queries quickly.
- To store your login information so that you can browse from page to page without logging in each time
- To keep track of customer browsing patterns which helps us to improve the website. If you wish, you can prevent your browser from using cookies by altering its privacy settings. If you need further information, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Retention and disposal
We are required by law to retain the financial information that you provide for seven years. We will only keep your other information for the time that we need it in order to provide our service to you. All paper documentation will be shredded when no longer required and information held on computer will be erased.