What are the best scratchcards to buy in the UK?
The short answer to this question is: It depends on what you want! Which scratchcard is the best will depend on your own preferences. So, we've broken the question down to components; the best odds, the cheapest to play and finally those with the biggest jackpots.
The best odds
When it comes to National Lottery scratchcards, you get the best odds on the £5 cards.
Roughly speaking, your odds of winning on a £5 game are one in four.
This includes breakeven cards (where you win £5). However, each game will have slightly different odds - you can read this information on the back of the card to get exact odds for the particular variant you are playing.
Instant Win scratchcards
from The Health Lottery gives you much better odds on many of their available options. Our Stuffed with £100s game offers some of the best odds in Britain for winning £100 - with 1 in 2.31 odds of a winning ticket. Or, try our 7Up! Bundle - seven opportunities in one means you get incredible odds of 1 in 1.16!
The cheapest scratchcards offered by the National Lottery are their £1 games. Typically, the winnings on these lower cost tickets are not as big, to make up for their cheaper price, so don't expect to win life changing amounts of money on a £1 scratcher.
Here at The Health Lottery, we offer a number of
Instant Win scratchcards
that are even cheaper.
In fact, we have many games that cost less than £1 to play. Here are four of the best:
- Spinlotto Scratch is 50p a card, with a jackpot of £7,500
- Elite of Evil is also 50p, with a £1,000 jackpot
- Elephant costs just 20p a card to be in with a chance of winning £2,000
- New Super Shamrock - cheapest of all is 15p with a jackpot of £1,500
The highest jackpots
If big jackpots are what you're looking for, then the best Health Lottery scratchcard for you is Coin Conquerer, which is a scratchcard bundle with the potential to win a maximum jackpot of £105,000!
The National Lottery have some very high jackpots available in their scratchcards, although these tend to have much lower odds of winning.
Top tips from The Health Lottery
It's fun and easy to play online, but here are a few tips to make the experience more enjoyable:
- Only play on genuine online lottery sites or apps like The Health Lottery or other reputable games sites like
- Use a unique and secure password for your online lottery account. Never use a password that you are using for another account
- Make sure that any minors in your household don't have access to your lottery account or any lottery scratcher apps on your phone.
- Learn how to spot phishing emails, phone calls, and messages which may attempt to convince you that you have won a non- existent lottery prize or may try to trick you into sharing your login credentials or sensitive financial information. You can take this one step further and report any phishing attempts to the authorities, and to the lottery provider if they are spoofing a legitimate lottery. Make sure to share this information with anyone else you know who plays the lottery, especially elder, as they are the most frequent victims of scams.
- Set a budget and pay careful attention to how many scratchcards you buy so you don't exceed your budget.
Always play safely and responsibly.
Learn the signs of problem gambling, and if you or someone you love starts to exhibit signs, seek help.